27 Nov Dining out with the Samsung Gear 360
For my Emerging Media Technologies field test final project, I plan to use a Samsung 360 video camera to get an insider’s look at a restaurant — from the dining room, to the bar, to any special rooms the restaurant may have, such as an outdoor patio or wine cellar.
I plan to capture video and add text information, such as backgrounds about the owner and chef and highlights about signature dishes, at each location.
I will compare this experience to a typical restaurant profile that includes a photo and text.
This approach is a way to bring in viewers for a more immersive experience and tell more in a short about of time than a long profile piece. If all goes well, this will be published on a local arts and entertainments website.
- Low light levels inside the restaurant that could hamper visibility.
- Access to all areas, such as the kitchen.
- I have to purchase the equipment this week and hope that it’s available.
- Securing a location. I have several options, but need to nail down the final spot.
- Connecting the different clips of separate parts of the restaurant in one video. I want people to be able to click to each location.