25 Mar Thanks to all for a great SPJ Region 1 Conference
This letter first appeared on SPJ Region 1 Spring Conference web site, and I’d like to share it here as well.
After two years of planning and execution, we’re exhausted, but also exhilarated that the conference seemed to run like clockwork, and the feedback in emails and tweets seems to show everyone had a good time.
We’d especially would like Dominick [Miserandino], who was the third member of The Troika that made the hard the decisions. And also great thanks to Press Club of Long Island board members Diana DeRosa, Bob Lipper, Nicole B. Brewer, Jamie Lynn Ryan, Carol Pack, John O’Connell, Norm Prusslin, David North, Meredith Daniels and Chris Vaccaro.
Additionally, we would like to thank:
- Keynote speaker Ellis Henican.
- Our administrator Flo Federman for setting up the registration and organizing many other details.
- T.C. McCarthy, the regional conference webmaster.
- Volunteer and honorary board member Joe Catalano.
- The student journalists who covered the event: Editor Frank Posillico, reporters Alessandra Malito, Erika Karp, Joslyn Matthews, Julianne Mosher, Katie Epifane, Shivana Harriram and Nelson Oliveria, and photographer Kevin Lizarazo.
- Jane Primerano of New Jersey SPJ for help running the auction and general setup.
- Our generous sponsors and caterers, especially Stony Brook University School of Journalism Dean Howie Schneider and his jack of all trades aide de camp Jenn Carlino, as well as News 12 and Newsday.
- SPJ President John Ensslin and Region 1 Director Luther Turmelle.
- Our 48 speakers, some of whom traveled from as far as Buffalo and Boston.
- The Ward Melville Heritage Organization for hosting for our end-of-conference party.
- The 124 attendees who made all the effort worthwhile.
- And Charlotte and Catie Corry for allowing their TV to be hijacked for the weekend to serve as a tweet screen.
SPJ Region 1 Spring Conference Committee